[BC] videotape delay

John Vodenik jvodenik at verizon.net
Tue Jan 1 17:50:47 CST 2008

We did that at W.C.I.U.- TV in Chicago for many years.  We used 2
Ampex 1100 black & white quad machines.  We adjusted the delay by the
length the tape loop was up off the floor.  It worked well until the
night the director stepped on the loop, dropping the delay at the
wrong time.  Oh for the good old days again.  Live TV was so much fun.

John @ VOA / Washington