[BC] FM Power Amps

Mark Earle mearle at mearle.com
Fri Jan 4 13:35:53 CST 2008

tpt at literock93r.com wrote:

> Experiences, anyone, with recent vintage power amps., e.g. Armstrong,
> Bext, OMB?
>  Have a recent vintage FX-50 exciter; present transmitter 34 year old
> 2.5h3.
> Need 2.5 kw. for small station, BE and Crown have too high an opinion of
> themselves ( too much $$$ for the budget).

Perhaps Eltronika units. I have a 20k transmitter made of 8 "modules"
each does 2.5k or 2.8k max as I recall. 30w drive per module.

www.n-com.com.au
info at n-com.com.au

They also have a FL distributor which I cannot find at the moment.

There are 8 transistors, each is metered as to voltage and current, and
temperature. There are 8 power supplies, all monitored and alarmed. I
have not had to mess with it much beyond cleaning dust out!

The transmitter has a MIRA 250w exciter, divided 8 ways; then 8 amp
modules, combined; a module controller, and a remote control. So far so
good at 18kw out in to a combined antenna system.

--
mwe

       ) )
      ( (
       ) )    You will be assimilated... oooh, coffee!!
    _|****|
   ( |    |
    `|____|   mearle at mearle.com