[BC] TV Set/Converter

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Fri Jan 4 16:26:12 CST 2008

On Friday 04 January 2008 12:46 pm, Rich Wood wrote:
>  ------ At 11:38 AM 1/4/2008, ACN wrote: -------
>
>  >Rich, so the converter costs 90.00 in the stores and taxpayers will
>  >pay 40.00 of the 90.00?
>
>  It seems so. However, the conditions, restrictions, configurations,
>  day of the week and digital receivers within 500 ft. will probably
>  make you ineligible for the $40 coupon so you'll get to pay the full
>  price. Remember, it's the gummint.

 Yep !
 Since it seems it's a taxpayer subsidized thing, expect the whole thing
 to come down to "I paid that $40 in taxes, so it's MY money to begin with."

 Which I happen to believe as well.
 But they're letting you spend some of your own money, with their
 restrictions and permissions of course, after confiscating it, then
 in a round-a-bout way returning it, minus processing costs, of course.

 This will likely result in folks who have no need whatever getting coupons,
 probably letting them expire, and then what happens to your money ?

--
Cowboy