[BC] RE: FM Power Amplifiers

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Sat Jan 5 09:45:29 CST 2008

There is also something to be said of MTBF.  A used box has already used up
the best MTBF.

That said, the used Nautel FM would be a good deal IF the original channel
is in the same "range" as your channel.  Nautel's combiners in that series
operated in three ranges due to jumper cable length differences.  The box
is the same otherwise across the band. Changing bands is probably not a
cost effective thing to do however.

None the less,  I would strongly suggest letting the factory retune/proof
the box even if it's in the same range. Then you have the OEM data to go on
in the future.

HOWEVER, I'm not a fan of the British made exciter used in that
series.  Keep your FX50 and you'll have the best sounding station on the dial.

MM

At 06:47 AM 1/5/2008 -0600, tpt at literock93r.com wrote