[BC] FM Power Amps

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Sat Jan 5 09:53:51 CST 2008

I do agree the matter of going private greatly reduces the amount
bureaucracy and mindless paperwork required of a business. But S-O Act
applies where applicable to everyone. Auditors, banks/financial
institutions, and insurance companies need to comply with the applicable
provisions of the Act for them to operate. To them, a client is that
without regards to private or public. Though there are differences in how
they're handled and the amount of documentation needed. The auditors and
banks must have the same basic documentation regardless.  To what degree is
based on the level of insurance and type of insurance underwriting
needed.  It's the crossover of assumed risk from private to public which
gets messy.  (And that's where the loss prevention aspects and procedures
come into play.)

Even privately help companies can suffer the same officer and/or
shareholder missives/losses as a public company. It's just the
repercussions are typically limited, not widely known, or even publicized
unless it involved the ongoing operation of the concern and/or a HUGE
payout by a publicly held firm. Thus, there is limited or no "public"
exposure to blind sided equity losses such as those experienced by Enron,
et. al.  That's one of the biggest risks with private operations.  All the
eggs and risk are held by a few people or a single person.  Not spread out
and easily disposed on a market.

The more spread out, the more S-O applies.

MM

At 09:04 AM 1/5/2008 -0500, Douglas Pritchett wrote