[BC] "Hi, this is your radio calling..."

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Thu Jan 10 14:05:59 CST 2008

------ At 02:23 PM 1/10/2008, cldube wrote: -------

>Why don't they just take the money and buy 2,520,000 radios and give
>them out to people.
>Then they'll possibly have (if the radios work) 2.5 million HD
>listeners they can point to.

That would assume the $630 million was real money. In the past, many
stations bought and distributed fixed-tuned radios to listeners. In
New York we even had a station distribute those radios with the
station logo and tuned to the wrong frequency.

There are several companies that provide promotional material in
exchange for inventory. I suppose they could use one of those but it
would require even more distressed inventory to be used. I've worked
for companies that used these services for computers and large prizes
for contests.

Your proposal would require real cash.

Rich