[BC] uplink ERP - RF hazard?

nakayle at gmail.com nakayle at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 11:29:05 CST 2008

  Well as one of those "in their 60s" engineers, who worked years at
50KW-AM, 100KW-FM and 316-KW TV stations when the only concern about RF was
don't touch a hot RF conductor anymore then you'd touch a hot AC or DC
conductor- but no one worried about being near towers or transmitters.  Nor
did we worry about lead solder, asbestos insulation or PCB oil then either.
I routinely wiped off the oily film that collected on the transformers and
oil caps and thought nothing of it. I even gave hams oil out of an old
transformer for their Heath "Cantenna" dummy loads.  It wasn't until 1980s I
started hearing how dangerous all this stuff was suppose to be.  So by all
rights I should be dead now but I'm still very much alive and kicking!

Oh- and as for having kids- it took a vasectomy (not RF) to turn off the
baby machine. ;-)

 - Nat Kayle