[BC] uplink ERP - RF hazard?

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Sun Jan 13 13:08:44 CST 2008

I've always wondered about that.  When I was young (about 100 years
ago) I was an avionic ECM tech in the USAF.  We had X band jamming
TX's (as well as L and S band) and if you put your hand by a
radiating antenna you could feel your flesh getting warm.  It seems
to me that in order to do any damage you would have to elevate the
temp of the body part and you would feel that and change the
situation.  I know we all did!

Ron D

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cowboy" <curt at spam-o-matic.net>