[BC] Hard To Pronounce City Of Licenses..

Kevin Tekel amstereoexp at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 23:55:39 CST 2008

Paul wrote:
> Can anyone think of radio statuions who have hard City of Licenses' to
> pronounce?
>
> Has anyone ever heard of a station changing it's COL just to avoid
> having to try to pronounce some far flung hard to spell/say city/town
> name?

Upstate NY has some favorites of mine: Schenectady (WGY, WVKZ), and
Poughkeepsie (WEOK, WKIP).

And I'm sure New York City's WKTU would like to have something less wordy
than "Lake Success" as their COL.

There are also some stations with multiple COLs, such as WWSM, licensed to
"Anneille-Cleona, PA", or KONA, licensed to "Kennewick-Richland-Pasco,
WA".