[BC] PCB and other hazards

Milton Holladay miltron at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 15 01:45:11 CST 2008

Once you have smelled PCBs, you probably won't ever forget the distinctive
odor. I have encountered PCB capacitors that were stored in a closed cabinet
for a long time, and though not leaking, the distinctive smell was initially
quite strong.  I'd rather not think about how much PCB oil I've come into
contact with mopping it out of xmtrs.........
On a related subject, I wonder how many of us have had exposure  to
(breathed?) burned up teflon residue ? I can't recall seeing any warning
about this hazard.  I notice that there have been no teflon coated skillets
and pots available for a good number of years, the teflon having been
supplanted by some other alleged non-stick coating...