[BC] Magic hair...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 10:30:42 CST 2008

For years I've been aware of what happens if you let the magic smoke
out of electronic components.  The night before last my computer's
video board died.  This is the second time in two
years.  Coincidence?  The Voltages are where they should be and the
cabinet temperature is not too high.  The board's fan is running fine
and the heat sink is clear.  But, for some reason the magic hair came
out of 5 of the 10 filter capacitors.  So, let this be a lesson - Do
not let the magic hair out of filter capacitors!

Burt

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services
Glendale, California  U.S.A.