[BC] projected utility bills

Mark Earle mearle at mearle.com
Wed Jan 16 10:55:29 CST 2008

Mike McCarthy wrote:
> WOW....what do you have running there? An 8 SEER AC unit?  10 racks of
> old computers? A field of dreams lit for a national broadcast?

Well.. my transmitter site electric rate is 9c/kwh. We run $2800-3000
for a 18k TPO/ 100kERP solid state FM.

My apartment, on the residential rate of 16c/kwh (with all applicable
taxes and "fees" runs $60 winter/ $200-280 summer (south Texas).

My son in Austin, TX pays 4c/kwh with all fees. His apartment bill
seldom runs over $50.

Austin has city-owned/generated utilities. Some things, gov't can do
cheaper than private industry.

By the way, I have to "shop" among about 5 "providers" to get the best
rate every few months, home and at the TX site. Yet the same company
owns the wires.... it's an all-paper scam. The only efficiencies between
the 5 competitors are who can run call centers for the least $ and who
has the most efficient billing. All the lower-rate (that is relative)
providers require me to use on-line billing; I pay for the paper and ink
if a hard-copy is required.

--
mwe

       ) )
      ( (
       ) )    You will be assimilated... oooh, coffee!!
    _|****|
   ( |    |   KFTX 97.5
    `|____|   mearle at mearle.com