[BC] RDS numbers?

Mark Humphrey mark3xy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 08:06:17 CST 2008

I haven't been able to find specific numbers for North America, but
according to the RDS Forum, far beyond 300 million RDS radios have
been sold worldwide since 1987, and Silicon Labs alone sold over 100
million RDS decoder chips during 2006.  Here are some recent
developments:

http://www.rds.org.uk/rds98/pdf/rdsForum_future_070921_12.pdf

The Forum is also working on enhancements to Radiotext:

http://www.rds.org.uk/rds98/pdf/R06_044_1.pdf

Mark