[BC] SM-5B windscreens

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:28:08 CST 2008

Always a market for reasonably good - or even not-so-good mikes...

See eBay... I've been following several mikes; and the better ones - EV,
Shure, and the venerable RCA ribbons seem to go for more than they cost
originally - I just saw a rather beat-up looking 44B go for over
$1100.00.  77DXs anywhere from $1k (no shock mount or stand adapter) to
over $4k; Shure 55's similarly priced.  I've even seen that workhorse of
mikes, the EV 635A "hammer" going in the $500 range (Why, I don't know -
EV still makes the basic mike, with updated materials, IIRC)

(There's a story behind "hammer" - maybe some time I'll relate it...)

Tom S.