[BC] TV Weather

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Mon Jan 21 09:11:07 CST 2008

------ At 09:04 AM 1/21/2008, Cowboy wrote: -------

>  Do viewers other than me, really want to hear/see the worst
>  of the worst possibility that hasn't happened yet, or to
>  know what is ?

Remember that TV weatherpeople have long been used as the station
clown. A few actual meteorologists kept their respectability.

"Wind Chill" is my favorite. A real meteorologist once told me that
wind chill is based on the perceived temperature on a naked person in
the cold. The wind chill will vary depending on the type of clothing
you're wearing. I never recall seeing Al Roker or Willard Scott butt
nekkid sampling the wind chill.

Sorry for the alarming mental pictures but it's true.

Rich