[BC] Storm Cat TV Weather

Alan Alsobrook radiotech at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 21 18:54:06 CST 2008

DHultsman5 at gaol.com wrote:
> Alan  what is the difference in a CAT5E and a CAT6 Storm???  Is  it the
> twisting of the wires or the rotation?

Let me see if I can answer that question, I'm not sure U have the
writing skill needed to properly express the differences.

First of all the Cat5 storm we are all familiar with, such as Camile and
Andrew. Of course the 5E storm is the enhanced version of the 5 storm,
it now comes equipped with it's own super duper double Doppler radar
along with a built in EAS encoder.

Now we have the Cat6, or at least we have a release date for it of fall
2006. It's my understanding that Microsoft is working with NASA on this
storm. The new features have not currently been released, but rumors are
circulating (counterclockwise I might add) that it will look extensively
different form the cat5 or 5E storms. It has also been heard that the
first units will be shipped into a gulf coastal state between Florida
and Mississippi.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885