[BC] TV Weather

WBRadiolists at aol.com WBRadiolists at aol.com
Mon Jan 21 21:06:35 CST 2008

In a message dated 01/21/2008 8:52:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, sid at wrko.com
writes:

> That's why I mentioned the Blizzard of '78.  It's been 30 years since
>  then, and everyone still panics, aided and abetted by the TV weather
>  folks.  The attitude drilled home endlessly is "what if this IS the big
>  one?"

I remember the blizzard*S* of '78. There were two, only a couple of days
apart. The State of CT was "Shut Down". No cars were on the roads. We made "snow
angels" in the middle of the Post Rd, "US1"! What a kick that was! ;) We also
got a lot of days off from school, and I got to build some pretty cool
multi-room snow forts! ;)

I do remember listening to the radio a lot, then, too. I even took one out
into the snow fort. It was a blast. :) I wonder what people thought, as they
walked by and heard music coming from a snow fort? ;) That was when AM was still
king, and WICC was my favorite station. Fond memories of a still-innocent era.

Willie...

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in
shape.<BR>
http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489</HTML>