[BC] Continental 314r-1

Steve avcradio at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 22 10:43:06 CST 2008

I am in the process of retuning this box and I am having trouble getting the
power out of it. I can get normal high voltage reading, but no
plate voltage, however the plate voltage meter seems to be pulsing at about
a second . Now if I turn down the power control (lower)
then at some point I can get 5-700 volts of plate voltage, but as I turn up
the power it trips off. When it is at 700 volts I get current of about 150
ma (.15)
of plate current and maybe half and amp of final output current. Then if I
turn up the power control with it off and put it in High or Low power it
pulses? Continental has been trying to help, but I wanted to see if somebody
in the field has experienced any of this or has any insight.

Thanks,
Steve Fraunfelter
Chief Engineer
AVC Communications Inc