[BC] What happened to Willie!

mark at shander.com mark at shander.com
Wed Jan 23 09:48:22 CST 2008

Congratulations, Willie - and I sincerely believe you'll have your station soon.

WBRadiolists at aol.com wrote:  >

No, that isn't a question... it's a statement. :)

Since I have now had several folks asking in private e-mails, I guess that
means that I dropped the ball in conveying what happened, what's going on, etc,
and why I am no loner "WFIFeng at AOL.COM". :)

I am now working for West Mountain Radio... you know, the Rigblaster people.
:)

(For those unfamiliar with that term, it is a device used to link a
computer's audio with an amateur radio to allow digital communications via a large
variety of formats and modes. Check out their WEBsite, as they make a number of
devices that could be useful in other areas, including Broadcast!)
www.westmountianradio.com

No, I do not get any kind of commission. :) I just want to see this great
little company succeed! Even before I worked for them, I always admired and
appreciated their products... well-made, solid performers. I consider working for
them an honor!

OK, onward... I changed addresses because I am no longer, officially, WFIF's
Engineer. Therefore, using that name would be misleading. It was a voluntary,
mutual agreement that I change it. :) So, here I am, with my new ID.

Basically, the decision to surrender my role as CE of WFIF was again mutual
and voluntary. I do not wish to pursue "Contract" Engineering work, so I am
unable to serve them in that capacity. They have already found a competant
Engineer to take care of their facilities. I sincerely wish him and them the
very best. :)

Right now, I'm pretty busy with things that are going on at work. My
miserable commute is an HOUR each way, so by the time I get home, I'm kinda wiped. I
get online, check my e-mail, and maybe tinker for a short time in the workshop.
I haven't been on the (ham radio) air very much, either.

So, that's the story in a nutshell. :) I am no longer working in the
Broadcast industry, but I do still have some ties to it. It has been, and will be, my
"first love" to serve the Lord in Christian Radio. I eagerly await the
opportunity to do so, again, in His time. My ultimate goal is to have a 24 hour FM
station on the air to serve this area with a Christian music-intensive format.
(There is NOTHING like it here!) That burden has burned white-hot within my
heart for more than 21 years, and still is!

Thanks, everyone, for asking! I hope this solves the mystery and answers a
bunch of questions! :) Additional Q's are always welcome.

Willie...