[BC] "Mixing Product" for all you smart engineers...

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:31:15 CST 2008

OOOPS! Hit "send accidentally - sorry about that!  Moderator feel free
to delete previous!

Anyway; 1590 - 1230 = 410; easily within the realm of the IF passband on
many, especially older, radios.  So, sounds like the nearer signals may
have momentarily swamped the radio - especially if the Desired Signal
happened to get nulled by some external factor, such as overhead power
lines.  You don't mention the distance to the desired 1230 signal, so
that's an E-WAG (educated W. A. G.)

I've received unknown DX before last Christmas every morning while
traveling alongside some 135 KV lines with the radio on 1070 - and being
toward the western edge of the pattern (at about 5:00 am; with 1070 on
the tighter 6-tower pattern and at 10 kw).  Never had time to stop and
try to ID the Undesired Signal, but it sounds similar.

Other possibility is someone's pirate TX relaying WCRS for some reason....

Tom S.