[BC] "Mixing Product" for all you smart engineers...

Alan Alsobrook radiotech at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 24 04:17:25 CST 2008

Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
> Approximately halfway between each tower, I heard 1450 WCRS very clearly on
> 1230Khz... and as far as I know, the person who owns no station on 1230 (He
> owns 1390, but that doesnt simulcast however WJES 1200 and WCRS 1450 do,
> part time)

The most likely I could find was...
+1*1090-1*1450+1*1590=1230kHz
Those stations a spread pretty far for that mix to occur. I would
suspect a problem with at least one of the stations involved if the spur
is emanating from one of them. If it is, it has to be way over the
required attenuation from where you describe hearing it. Everyone should
check their EPM's.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885