[BC] Staffing levels

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Fri Jan 25 18:08:15 CST 2008

Lack of maintenance is not new. Once, Paul Gregg sent me to Washington, D.C., actually across the river in Virginia, to turn on a new Cetec/Sparta Transmitter, which had just been installed. It had been connected through a transfer switch so that the original transmitter, a RCA could be used as a standby rig. Once the new transmitter was on the air, the engineer asked me to check his RCA and see if I could find out why it had not been able to make power for the past year or so. I looked in the PA box and saw something that looked like a black pineapple. It was the PA tube with all its fins burned off because it had been running without a blower for several years! The engineer told me that it was very quiet and he did not know it was supposed to have a blower.

--
Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson

From: "Dana  Puopolo" <dpuopolo at usa.net>