[BC] Vonage?

K7qa at aol.com K7qa at aol.com
Sat Jan 26 02:21:29 CST 2008

In a message dated 1/25/2008 11:25:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Broadcast at fetrow.org writes:
I dropped my Comcrap 4 MB service for MUCH slower Verizon DSL.  The
VoIP service went from awful to amazing.  The voice quality is really
great.  It was awful on cable.

Jitter, and packet loss is a killer on VoIP.

You must have had a crappy cable connection Chip, or you didnt tweak
the QoS settings on the router to optimize voice quality and
stability of performance. My Comcast broadband works with the
TeleBlend VoIP service better and sounds better than Qwest POTS at
1/4 the basic cost ($12.95/mo) with unlimited LD.

tom mcginley