[BC] Audacity, and what was the other one?

Mark W. Croom markc at kjly.com
Thu Jan 31 13:47:16 CST 2008

Traverso was the one Fred Gleason mentioned, I believe.

I didn't like it much on first look, but I don't like Audacity much,
either. Same with Reaper, though it's very powerful I just don't "get"
the interface as readily as I got it with Cool Edit back when I started
before the turn of the century. All of these open source programs seem
to be heavily oriented toward the multitrack, "project" type user,
rather than a quick and dirty waveform editor like I am most of the time.

Now I'm a real Cool2000/Audition cripple I guess. And yes, I use both
the stereo editing and the multi-track windows, but I still spend more
time editing than mixing down.

Mark
MN