[BC] Radio station ignoring rules

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 12:00:50 CDT 2009

Not the last time I checked...

Station ID - when and what -

73.1201

§ 73.1201   Station identification.

(a) When regularly required. Broadcast station identification
announcements shall be made:

(1) At the beginning and ending of each time of operation, and

(2) Hourly, as close to the hour as feasible, at a natural break in
program offerings. Television and Class A television broadcast stations
may make these announcements visually or aurally.

(b) Content. (1) Official station identification shall consist of the
station's call letters immediately followed by the community or
communities specified in its license as the station's location[...]

I don't recall a Rule other that 73.1570 about dead carriers, but I know
there is one - 73.1570 says that the modulation must be kept as high as
possible -

Interesting thing, though -

73.1570 (c)

(c) If a limiting or compression amplifier is employed to maintain
modulation levels, precaution must be taken so as not to substantially
alter the dynamic characteristics of programs.

Which seems to say everyone must use an Optimod 8000A; or at worst an
8100A1 for FM or a 9000 or 9100 for AM.

<grin>

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote:
> More WLLH