[BC] MW-5A parts available

Gary Peterson kzerocx at rap.midco.net
Mon Jul 13 08:16:12 CDT 2009

Our amateur radio club has parted out a donated, working MW-5A (980 kHz).
If you need any spare parts (capacitors, rectifier blocks, PDM coils, meter
multipliers, meters, solid-state driver, PDM board, etc.), contact me, off
list.  Everything is currently available, other than the HV transformer,
which has been sold.

Anything that has not been sold/shipped by the third weekend in August, will
be auctioned off at a hamfest and will be lost to the BC community.

The station owner kept the tubes.  One set (PA & switchmod) has 6 months use
and the other pair has 7 months use.  One set of tubes was changed out by
the owner because the transmitter was hiccupping.  The problem turned out to
be a short to ground in the tower lighting circuit between the tower and the
lighting choke, after a huge blizzard.  Subsequently, the owner left the
spares in the rig, rather than putting the original tubes back in.  He will
sell the tubes for $75 each, plus freight.  Otherwise, they will be sold to
a rebuilder as duds.  If you want some inexpensive spare tubes with plenty
of life left in them, contact me, off list and I will give you the owner's
phone number/e-mail address.

Gary Peterson, KØCX
CE KFXS, KOUT, KKMK, KRCS, KKLS & KBHB
President, Black Hills ARC, Inc.