[BC] 2008

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Tue Jan 1 12:24:50 CST 2008

Hi... we are pleased you are part of the BROADCAST [BC] family.

Please note: you should immediately stop writing 2007 on log entries
and checks. Cash is fine.

The Broadcast list has a fairly wide mandate, to foster communication
among broadcast professionals. While there is an FAQ (as well as
subscription options) at www.radiolists.net, to a large extent, the
whole idea is to consider one another as professional contacts, if
not friends. As a result, flames are not tolerated. Certain topics
are poor choices (partisan politics, religious preferences, etc) and
are subject to termination.

Since there is a fairly large number of readers who see this list on
the web archive interface, it may be worth mentioning a couple of
things that affect postings.

	1. Over 95% of email incoming to most servers
	is now spam. There are many filters in use to try
	to slow it. It is not personal. You are not being
	targeted (unless you are a spammer).

	Comcast is one ISP that currently seems to tolerate
	spammers and its servers end up on filters. If you
	have trouble posting due to filters, you need to contact
	your ISP for resolution. Neither you nor I can do it.

	2. One spam fighting technique is to "trap" posts from
	non-subscribers. This can cause delays until the
	moderator can find the time to review them.

	3. Please change the "subject:" line as topics mutate.

	4. Please avoid quoting quotes of quotes; it can become
	hard to find your comments. It also can make the Digest
	version unreadable. Those regularly posting one or two
	lines to quotes of 40 or 50 lines may find their posts
	will be sidetracked and edited.

Questions may always be addressed to me personally.

thanks.