[BC] Getting phones on the air

RLO2L at aol.com RLO2L at aol.com
Tue Jan 1 20:34:44 CST 2008

In a message dated 1/1/2008 6:21:29 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Broadcast at fetrow.org writes:

One last  thing, as hard as it was to keep these loops in spec, and
even 15 kHz  stereo conditioned STL loops, at least our amps were
solid state.   Imagine doing that in the 1930s using hollow-state  devices?

Back in the late 1980's I had the job of decommissioning the analog service
out of the South Bend Long Lines office on Scott Street. As we were turning
down  the service and moving over to newer facilities, we discovered that there
were  still some 5-8 kHz Program Audio Circuits working over the old 102 and
104  triode vacuum tube amplifiers!

Russel L.  O'Toole, P.C.
R&M Consulting

31 Ponderosa  Drive