[BC] TV Set/Converter

Joe Rother jrother at ureach.com
Wed Jan 2 10:13:57 CST 2008

Different people see things differently, and I'm not just saying that their
opinions are different.

  I have a low persistence of vision. In short, anything that runs a refresh
rate slower that around 85 Hz looks like a strobe light to me. Florescent
lights that use the older ballasts are constantly flickering. And every CRT
television I have ever seen flickers badly. I can't stand to look at DLP
projectors at all because of the rainbow effect that some people can't see
at all.

  To my eye, DLP's are the worst, followed closely by CRT's. Both of those
leave me with headaches. LCD projectors come in next because of their off
axis deficiencies and lack of sharpness, Plasma's look gritty, but the newer
direct view LCD's look best, to my eye.

-Joe