[BC] TV Set/Converter

Don Little DL-Little at wiu.edu
Wed Jan 2 10:37:27 CST 2008

I picked up a Memorex ATSC/NTSC DVR DVD-RW at Wally World for $200. I purchased the 2 year extended warranty (for $17)because I'm pretty sure it will die before the warranty is out.

It has HDMI/component/svhs/and composite video outputs as well as analog and digital audio outputs.

My main complaints are: The tuner does not have a program guide, the harddrive to DVD dubbing is in real time, and the buttons on the remote are tiny.

It is suppose to have a QAM tuner, but I don't have cable to try that function.

There are several recording qualities on both the hd and dvd.  The timer record function does work, I've used it on both the hd and dvd.

Don Little
UHDS Electronic Tech
Western Illinois University