[BC] Audio Cable

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:14:52 CST 2008

Belden 8723 dual (2-pair) cables for stereo equipment - and sometimes I
have to get a bit cute with it in order to attach the second channel's
connector, especially if it's an XLR-type; barrier strips and
punchblocks pose no obstacle, though.  We won't discuss what I do to get
RCA connectors on, though...

Single runs; Belden 8451.   Inter-studio runs are made with Belden
multi-pair cables, as well....

Data cables (CAT5) - unshielded - I've used Belden, Alpha, and several
others.

For some reason, though, the Belden BelFoil(r) seems to come off cleaner
when stripping.  No idea why, it just peals better as well as has a
generally cleaner cut edge where I've removed the outer jacket.

Mike cables (the ones from the mike to the wall jacks or wherever that
have to flex)... Canare is good, as is Belden.

For more about CAT5 cables and audio, see:

http://www.belden.com/pdfs/Techpprs/ndac5ctp.htm

Tom S.