[BC] Audio Cable

Mark W. Croom markc at kjly.com
Wed Jan 2 16:19:40 CST 2008

Glen is right--that is a difference worth paying for if you're stripping
a lot of cable in a short time. Peeling those foils isn't so bad if
you're only doing a few channels once in a while, but when you are doing
a whole studio you really want to save time wherever you can.

In recent years I have come to favor the approach of using punch blocks
interconnected with CAT5 cable, so long as we're talking about balanced
runs. The last few console replacements I've done have been brought out
to Krone blocks and turned out very nicely. No problems with noise or RF
even at the co-located 50kw FM site. It still takes a little time to
prep the console end for whatever connector is in use, but the other end
goes very quickly.

Mark
MN