[BC] Short AM Tower

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 19:33:36 CST 2008

Cite :

http://www.courts.state.nh.us/supreme/opinions/2002/0212/koor152.htm

And put up a 190 foot, 18" face tower, with standard ground radials,
etc. NEC-2 modeling gives a nominal base impedance of ~ 37.49 + j3
ohms.  Tell local officialdom that FCC trumps local ordinances inre:
transmitting antennas, and the size thereof.

Here in Indy, "local ordinance" generally prohibits towers over 75
feet... Yet there are several towers built since then for FM and
commercial repeater use WELL over 75 feet.  Including the 300 meter one
on National Avenue (about 4 blocks from my church) that has 106.7 on
top, and the backup for 96.3 at the 2/3 level.

So!

Tom S.