[BC] Telco and the program loop

RLO2L at aol.com RLO2L at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 22:05:03 CST 2008

In a message dated 1/3/2008 5:40:51 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Broadcast at fetrow.org writes:

We  tested the circuits often so we kept getting them back.  In the
end I found we were allowed up to 250 Volts DC that was current
limited by the loop resistance.  I'll bet you can't guess what  came
next!  We put 250 VDC on the circuits at one end, and -- I  don't
recall the exact Voltage at this point -- but something like  48 or 12
Volt bulbs on the other.  We fed some from the  transmitter, and some
from the

Nothing will rattle your teeth like a shot of 105 VAC of 20 Hz ring tone!

Or +/- 130 volts of DC telegraph battery!

Russel L.  O'Toole, P.C.
R&M Consulting

31 Ponderosa  Drive
Romeoville, Illinois 60446