[BC] STL and Translator ID

DHultsman5 at aol.com DHultsman5 at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 21:52:45 CST 2008

Subject: [BC] STL and Translator ID

>> It has always  been my understanding and practice that they be
>> identified only at  the beginning and end of the broadcast day.  I have
>>  never
>> heard a radio station or have seen a television station do  otherwise and
>> have worked for both radio and TV that  had for STL, ICR (inter city
>> relay)
>> and translators, or  even RPU.

I travel the USA especially the eastern part of the US.  I recall  while
working the Olympics in Salt Lake City, that several TV stations operating  on a
24 Hours basis ID'ed their STL's and Translators around midnight.

In the NE somwhere I also recall a stations with alot of tranmslators IDing
them aural and visually abot 5 AM during their 24 hour p[rogramming.

I guess some do and some don't.

Dave