[BC] STL and Translator ID

DHultsman5 at aol.com DHultsman5 at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 21:46:43 CST 2008

In a message dated 1/1/2008 1:13:11 PM Central Standard Time,
ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com writes:

We used  a hod ID card on camera for RPU before they developed vertical
interval  character generators.  When we leased a circuit from the  telephone
company I couldn't see that those transmitters (the same as ours)  were ever
identified.
--
Ron  KA4INM - My wife  never had any problem spending money
her problem was just with me spending  money!

I certainly agree that telco using similiar microwave gear as the station
did to provided common carrier video circuits.  Locally I don't ever  remember
seeing an ID on the video.  Later on I do recall video thru toll  test having
charcter ID's  but no call signs.

However being friends with the telco video guys,  I do recall they  kept and
operating log of the transmission times etc.  with the  equipment.  I am not
aware if it was their technical requirement for  logging hours of use of for
the FCC.

Dave