[BC] TV Set/Converter

ACN acn at acn.cc
Fri Jan 4 10:38:12 CST 2008

Rich, so the converter costs 90.00 in the stores and taxpayers will
pay 40.00 of the 90.00?

Joyce
ACN

------ At 07:15 PM 1/2/2008, Scott Fybush wrote: -------
>The boxes that will meet the coupon standards aren't in stores yet,
>and my understanding is that that's deliberate - no point making
>them available before people have coupons in hand. The coupons
>distribution is supposed to start mid-February, and there are
>something like a dozen models of converter that have been approved
>for sale then. Retail price is expected to be in the $50-90 range,
>from what I hear.

The good news is a recently released study by the Consumer
Electronics Association. It claims 50% of US households already own a
digital TV. They also predict 32 million sets will be sold in 2008.
79% of those will be HDTV.