[BC] Getting a phone on the air

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Sun Jan 6 00:53:03 CST 2008

Well, there was the old inductive pick up that I used to have as a
kid. It was a thin, flat piece of iron with a lot of fine wire wound
around it in a
plastic case. You placed it under the phone's base near its internal
transformer and hooked it to a mike input. It even worked on extension phones
that were not off hook! The quality wasn't great, but it did work!
They also used to have the ones with the suction cup that you put on
the handset.

-D