[BC] DTV Transition Wrinkle

Mark W. Croom markc at kjly.com
Tue Jan 8 10:48:52 CST 2008

I am somewhat curious about this myself. I do not subscribe to cable
television service, and of 5 channels I receive at my home most of the time,
three of them are translator stations. I can't cleanly decode closed
captioning on those signals because they are relatively noisy.

After the cutover date I'm probably going to be down to two stations, a CBS
affiliate and a public TV station. Maybe I'll just have to put up enough
antenna to get the ABC station that's down the road apiece.

Or not. We don't watch much TV anyway; the DTV transition could cure us once
and for all.

Mark
MN