[BC] IT troubles

Sid Schweiger sid at wrko.com
Wed Jan 9 11:57:13 CST 2008

>> IT claims that the Sarbanes-Oxley Act REQUIRES that all
publicly-owned companies do this to protect the stockholder's
intellectual property!<<

In the immortal words of Col. Potter, buffalo bagels.  We have the same
SOX strictures at Entercom, backed up by both internal and external
audits, and I have yet to see any such directive from corporate IT.

If they have firm evidence that company IP has sprouted feet and taken
a walk outside the corporate network, that's one thing.  Blaming it on
SOX is just plain wrong.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF