[BC] IT troubles

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Thu Jan 10 11:07:46 CST 2008

Really?

I worked for a company where the Director of Engineering read EVERY email sent
by EVERY engineer! No where was this policy ever stated. I RECEIVED an email
from a friend who formerly worked there. He was very critical of my station
management. For the sake of brevity, I replied, "yeah, you're right" or
something like that. A week later I was called into the GM's office. The email
was printed out on his desk and I was summarily fired.

So, don't tell ME that these invasive policies are harmless!

-D