[BC] IT troubles

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Thu Jan 10 19:32:01 CST 2008

4th Amendment applies to the government's actions in general. So your
argument is invalid for the most part.

When an employee is on the employer's property using their equipment and
facilities, the 4th Amendment very much limited in that situation to the
employer's actions.

Don't believe...ask your attorney...

Paul Christansen...where are you?

MM

At 03:43 PM 1/10/2008 -0700, RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote:
>From: R A Meuser <rameuser at ieee.org>
> > That is like saying that if you have a company car you can take it drag
> > racing Saturday night because it is your 'right'. Any company has the
> > right to set rules of conduct and use of equipment within reason. It is
> > their house and their rules. I often had loggers on a radio station's
> > hot and warm lines. Staff was told it was to assure proper use of those
> > lines.
> >

>No. It's saying what it said. You do not have a right to
>drive a car. That's why you need to be licensed to use
>one on a public highway. Your rights as an Amercan,
>are all those for which there are no laws against. There
>is a Bill of Rights that defines the things that Congress
>cannot make laws about, to assure that those  rights
>remain. For instance:
>
>Amendment IV
>
>The right of the people to be secure in their persons,
>houses, PAPERS, and EFFECTS, against unreasonable
>searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no
>warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,
>supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly
>describing the place to be searched, and the
>  persons or things to be seized.
>
>Emphasis added.

SNIPPED>>>>