[BC] Marti HRC-10A replacement

Gary Glaenzer gglaenzer at hqradio.com
Mon Jan 14 12:11:16 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Alsobrook" <radiotech at bellsouth.net>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: [BC] Marti HRC-10A replacement

> Mike, I doubt it is the HRC-10A. (I'm thinking this is the ring
> combiner, {flat plate with 4 N connectors}). If so it is simply a single
> trace running around in a circle connecting the 4 ports. If you have DC
> connectivity to each of the ports and the 50 Ohm load is still 50 Ohms,
> then all is good.
>
> I would suspect a receiver sensitivity problem.

Mike, another thing to consider is water in the RX line or dish horn

We had a 4-ft Marti dish where the feed horn cracked and allowed water to enter, one
channel was still 'full bore' while the other was down in the noise

If you have a spare TX (or can strap your TX et-up to mono and pull one of those), then
hook a TX to the RX line and see if you have high VSWR

Gary