[BC] Marti HRC-10A replacement

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:33:37 CST 2008

Speaking of which -

Several years a go I was involved with the transmigration of Indy's main
cable system from analog addressable converter boxes to digital.  The
MINIMUM signal level for the digital receiver section to operate
properly was TEN DB HIGHER than the equivalent analog signal.  Many
subscribers had to rewire their entire house's cable distribution...
most needed to have their drops replaced before the boxes would work
reliably.  LOTS of freeze-frames, pixelating, and other digital
artifacts.  If I'd been a subscriber at the time, I'd have taped the
output and forwarded 535 copies to Congress, with the comment - "You
want THIS on the air?!??!!?"

Tom S.