[BC] CCrane FM Transmitter

WFIFeng at aol.com WFIFeng at aol.com
Wed Jan 16 00:50:12 CST 2008

In a message dated 01/15/2008 4:09:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
akline at netins.net writes:

> It's not bad, but it's a
>  nuisance changing batteries every couple of days. I use rechargeables,
>  so it's not a huge pain, but still...

You COULD always build a small power supply for it... and tack-solder the
leads to the battery terminals if you don't want to open the case. I bought a
Belkin brand unit which runs on 2 AA cells. It also has a built-in regulator and
a mini power jack, so I can run it from my car power. (Which I do.) However,
the range on the thing was positively *abysmal*! Get more than 3' away, and
you'd start to lose the signal. Why? The "antenna" was embedded within the 6"
wire that you plugged into the MP3 player.

I took the thing apart and soldered two 18" leads, one to where the original
"antenna" wire went, the other to the ground of the board. Increased the range
from 3 feet to about 30. Even still, it's not 100% full-quieting to my radio!
Oh well, at least it's a whole lot better than it was! I listen to it on my
now 1-hour commute every day.

BTW, the only reason I'm not listening to the radio, is that there are no
Christian *music* stations in the area. *None*. If there was a radio station, I
would much rather listen to that. Even a voice-tracked station is still better
than "shuffle" on the MP3 player... which is still better than nothing. :)

Willie...

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in
shape.<BR>
http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489</HTML>