[BC] Long wire antenna

Ron Nott ron at nottltd.com
Wed Jan 16 12:49:20 CST 2008

The vertical conductor could be shielded by using coaxial cable up to
the feed point, however, the resulting antenna would have little
value, most of the radiation going up into the sky and ground and
being composed of a massive number of lobes and nulls as Richard
states.  Any contacts made would be pure happenstance, but thats the
nature of ham radio.

Ron Nott, DVP

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Fry" <rfry at adams.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:20 AM