[BC] Long wire antenna

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:52:57 CST 2008

Just ran the 20-wavelength longwire antenna at 640 kHz... With the
antenna ONE wavelength above ground, and end-fed, using approximately #6
wire (quarter-inch diameter)...

Pretty pictures!

Comes out to 591 -j29519 ohms, roughly - So, adding a loading coil, and
a pretty good match for 600 ohm open wire line.  If anyone would like to
see the pattern, email me direct and I'll attach it to the reply...

Tom S.

Snip