[BC] Long wire antenna

Richard Fry rfry at adams.net
Wed Jan 16 12:20:04 CST 2008

>Your first link worked here, but filebeam did not, insisting instead
>to open full screen ads blocking anything of value.

Sorry, Barry and all.  I don't know what happened, but my first link didn't
work when I first tried it from within my BC post, and later on it
did/does.  I won't use Filebeam again (that was the 1st time I did)

>Try a "true" long wire. No vertical section, and something like 12 or 20
>wavelengths long.  Or, for a truly long wire, 100 wavelengths.

Feeding a horizontal long wire 150 m above the earth without radiation from
any vertical conductor(s) to the earth would be a neat trick, and the
antenna would have no useful  v-pol in the horizontal plane.  Not a very
good MW radiator.

But ignoring all that I modeled 100-wavelength long wire in NEC, fed at one
end by an embedded source (no vertical wires).  It showed a large number of
lobes/nulls (>70); not pretty.  I won't bother posting it.

RF