[BC] Re: RDS numbers?

Dave Golterman dgolterman at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 01:03:41 CST 2008

Here in northeastern Montana, I've only seen two stations use the  RDS.  KATQ in Plentywood and KTHC, Power 95 in Sidney.  My 93  Lincoln doesn't have an RDS capable radio, but my mom & dad's 2003  Chevy Impala does and I checked the station's today, both have the RDS  turned off.  They were on last summer when I last remembered  looking.  Neither station did anything more than just display  their call letters with RDS.

  In June, I helped the parents drive to the Kansas City area and one  market that I noticed that really used the RDS displays was Minot,  ND.  It was a little bit of a wow factor at first, but if you were  driving it could be downright dangerous if you were checking the  display when you should be watching the road instead.

  Dave Golterman
  Eagle 93
  Sidney, MT