[BC] Re: RDS numbers?

rj carpenter rcarpen1 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 20 06:31:00 CST 2008

I have XM in the car and do not find the Channel / Title / Performer
display to be distracting. They are all displayed at the same time - one
glance is enough. [My XM radio has a scrolling mode, but I never use that.]

RDS, which has long messages scrolling, **IS** likely to be distracting.
You have to watch it for a while to catch the info you want. It would be
far better if the RDS receiver had a multiline display and the
transmitted info was coded so it could be displayed on the appropriate line.

bob c.